EMDR Refresher Course
Putting It All Together
An EMDR Therapy Review
Interested in refreshing your skills as an EMDR clinician? Do you feel like you were trained long ago and you no longer feel competent? Have difficulty explaining EMDR therapy to your clients? Are you still a little unsure on how to get to the right targets? Feeling a little phase phobia? This workshop will help you feel more confident and bring your EMDR therapy skills up to date.
This intermediate level workshop will review EMDR therapy standard protocol. There will be a review of Francine Shapiro’s AIP (Adaptive Information Processing) model and the nature of memory as a basis for EMDR. AIP case conceptualization and treatment planning will be reviewed. The protocols will be reviewed so that the participants will understand them not as a formula, but as an overarching approach to therapy. Common stumbling blocks for each of the phases will be addressed. Highlights include, but are not limited to the following: introducing EMDR to clients, differentiating between simple and complex trauma, mastering when to move into reprocessing, how to ground clients, resourcing and stabilization, cognitive interweaves, fleshing out cognitions and targets, and what to do when a client dissociates during treatment. Client videos will be used to illustrate some of these concepts and enhance the learning experience. Participants will have an opportunity to practice skills and present cases. This workshop will strengthen skills by clarifying basic protocols and enhance the effectiveness of EMDR clinicians.
Workshop Goals and Objectives
1 – Describe AIP and the nature of memory and have the ability to explain this to your clients in a way that is developmentally appropriate.
2 – Learn how to take a history and conceptualize a case based on AIP
3 – Increase ability to create solid treatment plans with complex clients.
4 – Learn to use EMDR therapy with a wide range of presentations.
CEU’s and EMDRIA Credits
This class is intended for Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Counselors, Nurses and Social Workers. Partial or fully trained in basic EMDR is required to attend this workshop. Six CEU credits and six EMDRIA credits (pending) will be granted for those clinicians who have completed EMDR basic training. CEU certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Ce-Classes.com is the provider of (CEs). Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Participants print their own certificate after registering and ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) – Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education Program (ACE). Approval Period: 1/5/14 – 1/5/17. (Provider # 1142) Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- The National Association of Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) Provider #656
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2016
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Continuing Education Provider – PCE 4297 Expires 6/30/2016.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2016
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2016.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2016.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2017
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2015 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2015
Cancellations will receive a refund of 50%with notification 15 days prior to the workshop.
All complaints and grievances are reviewed within 5 working days. Formal grievances are required to be written, and will be responded to within 10 business days.
Judy Cabeceiras maintains responsibility for this program and its content in accordance with EMDRIA standards. This workshop is held in facilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please notify me if special accommodations are required. (860) 693-1708